Affinity Health at Work supported a department within a large accountancy firm to create a healthier workplace culture and improve team-working through a series of steps:
1. Culture survey: we conducted a culture survey to explore employee perceptions of the climate within the department, including comparisons between different locations and employee groupings.
2. Qualitative data gathering: we used focus groups and interviews to gain a deeper understanding of cultural issues and potential solutions to problems identified.
3. Reporting: we produced a report with recommendations on how to address issues highlighted from the data gathering.
4. Meeting facilitation: we facilitated meetings with the Partners from the department to generate action plans and the identify the way forward.
5. Team building: we facilitated a series of team-development days and exercises for a team within the department, addressing specific local issues, action planning and following through on implementation.
* Inclusive approach: by gathering employee views through both a survey and focus groups/interviews, the project involved everyone within the team and helped create a more inclusive approach.
* Creating action plans: the project generated specific action plans to help the deparment make changes to its culture.
* Team working: focussed team development activities helped improve team working.