End to end solution: Building a healthy workplace culture
Working with to identify needs, develop strategy, deliver solutions and embed a culture change to enable staff to work at their best
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils work together to deliver a full range of activities for their local community of residents, tenants, landlords and visitors. These activities include services across housing, building control, benefits, waste management, planning, parking, estates and parklands and community engagement among many others.
- BMSDC were already committed to providing a mentally healthy workplace for their employees but wanted to take the next step to consolidate this with a three-year wellbeing strategy
- BMSDC wanted to assess their strategy against both evidence and best practice with an aim to being a leader in their wellbeing provision for employees
- Health and wellbeing audit to identify strengths and development areas across BMSDC
- Live wellbeing webinars offered to all employees once a month
- Bespoke employee mental health awareness and stress management programme
- Line management training and development programme (180 feedback and coaching) to manage wellbeing of staff
Wellbeing programme support
- Stage 1: Project kick-off between BMSDC and affinity
- Stage 2: Design and development of annual programme of monthly webinars Stage 3: Health and Wellbeing audit including a review of organizational policies, practices and processes and 8 interviews with key stakeholders by AHAW
- Stage 4: Design and development of bespoke mental health awareness and management programme by affinity
- Stage 5: Design and development of line management training and development by affinity
- Stage 6: Presentation of findings and recommendations by affinity to the BMSDC board
- The audit assessed BMSDC against the Mental Health at Work commitment, identifying their areas of excellence and focus
- At a board presentation, BMSDC called the work 'inspiring' and 'excellent' , providing clarity and priority to their efforts and discussed moving towards developing their measurement and monitoring of wellbeing (including a wellbeing survey) and ongoing development of risk management approach
- BMSDC have commissioned a second annual webinar series and continue to work with us to deliver bespoke support to teams and employee groups across the council, ensuring that support is tailored to their needs.
"Since working with affinity, our mental health and wellbeing provision has strengthened incredibly and we now have a plethora of evidence-based resources available for our workforce to utilise at their convenience. Jo and Rachel have delivered outstanding webinars, have built trust across the organisation and identified what we need to do for our future programme of works".
- Sun, 15 May 2022